St Peter’s is an ancient and living church serving the village of Addingham. Christians have worshipped on this site for over 1100 years. The building, set amid an open field, has a nave roof, arcade and chancel dating from the 15th century with a gallery of 1756. It is a place of prayer, peace and beauty where you will find a warm welcome.
The people of St. Peter’s have these aims:
- To love God more deeply in our worship and through our friendship and support for all.
- To learn more about God and to share the message of love, forgiveness and justice which he offers to all through his Son Jesus Christ.
- To live our lives more fully in faith and in service.
Please take a tour of the site. We hope you enjoy learning about our Church, and that you will come along and visit us.
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING UP IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS – Dates for your diary
- September 13th – ‘Etc’ – The beginning of a 6 week course exploring Christianity together – 7.30 to 9.30 in the Church Hall – everyone is welcome. Click here for more details.
- October 30th – All Saints Day which incorporates a special service All Souls at 4.00pm. This is a beautiful, moving and personal service where we remember those who have died and light candles in a dimmed church in memory of them as their names are read out. It’s followed by a delicious home made tea, in the Church Hall. Why not come along, you’ll be very welcome.
- November 13th – Remembrance Sunday a moving and poignant service, always well attended and starting at St. Peters and finishing at the War Memorial for the laying of wreaths. More details to follow.
Our monthly magazine “Source” is also published online – read it here.
Please look in ‘Contacts’ for more details of who to get in touch with.