St Peter’s is an ancient and living church serving the village of Addingham. Christians have worshipped on this site for over 1100 years. The building, set amid an open field, has a nave roof, arcade and chancel dating from the 15th century with a gallery of 1756. It is a place of prayer, peace and beauty where you will find a warm welcome.
The people of St. Peter’s have these aims:
- To love God more deeply in our worship and through our friendship and support for all.
- To learn more about God and to share the message of love, forgiveness and justice which he offers to all through his Son Jesus Christ.
- To live our lives more fully in faith and in service.
Please take a tour of the site. We hope you enjoy learning about our Church, and that you will come along and visit us.
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING UP IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS – Dates for your diary
- The Advent Course – (contact Roger Bainbridge on 01943 839607).
- Advent Carol Service on Sunday 4th December at 6.00pm.
- Advent Quiet Day on Monday 12th December, 10.00am – 3.00pm in the Church Hall.
- Christingle Service on Sunday 11th December at 4.00pm in the Church Hall where we have oranges, sweets, fruit and a candle to make Christingles to herald the light of Christ coming into the world.
- Churches Together Carol Sing at the Swan pub on Wednesday 14th December in the evening.
- Carol Service on Sunday 18th December at 6.00pm where we sing of Jesus’ birth and what that means to us.
- Crib Service at 4.00pm on Christmas Eve.
- Midnight Mass at 11.30pm on Christmas Eve, a short service lasting under an hour.
- Christmas Day 10.00am service for all ages.
Our monthly magazine “Source” is also published online – read it here.
Please look in ‘Contacts’ for more details of who to get in touch with.